Your privacy is important to Jenner Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. (referred to as “we” or “us” in this policy) and the purpose of this policy is to tell you what personal information we collect about you, how we use it, whether we disclose it to anybody else, how long we keep it, and how you can request access to your personal information or obtain more information about Jenner Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. privacy policies.
Personal Information: Personal information means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail address, business telephone number or business facsimile number. It also does not include your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other directory.
We are responsible for the personal information under our control and we have designated Fred Jenner who is responsible for our compliance with this policy and with privacy legislation. If you wish to contact Fred Jenner, you can do one of the following:
Note: In the event the privacy officer is not immediately available, the respective department manager may address the initial inquiry.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
When you purchase or lease a vehicle from us, or when you have us service or repair a vehicle or if you finance the purchase or lease of a vehicle through us or purchase or lease other products or services from or through us or if you participate in one of our surveys, contests or promotions, or if you test drive one of our vehicles or contact our dealership staff, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Hobbies, recreational activities, and personal special events (i.e. weddings)
- e-mail address and facsimile number
- Your occupation and income
- Information about your driving habits (such as preferred car size, colour, type of vehicle, kilometers driven annually, etc.)
- Information about your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in
- Details of your vehicle and its service history
- Your driver’s license number
- The name of your insurance company and agent
- Your insurance policy number and details about your insurance coverage
- Similar information about other members of your family
- Your language preference
- Your date of birth and/or the date of birth of other members of your family
- Your social insurance number and/or the social insurance number of other members of your family
- Financial and credit information about you and/or other members of your family (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms – creditors/card details, assets, liabilities, etc.)
- The principle amount of your loan, interest and repayment schedule
- Health information if you are applying for life, health, disability or accident insurance
- The amount of any life, health, disability or accident insurance and details of that insurance
- Declarations for trade-ins if applicable as outlined in items 1 to 7 on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (i.e. out of province registration, damages exceeding $2,000, vehicle ‘rebuilt’ status, encumbrances and/or liens and the respective details related to the financial institution/repair facility.
Provision of your Social Insurance Number is optional. However, you should be aware that most Credit Reporting Agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
The Security of your Personal Information is Important to Us
Your personal information is used by us only for the purposes identified below and access to your personal information is limited to those employees Jenner Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. who need to have access to it.
How do we use your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used by us to provide products and services to you such as: to obtain a license for your vehicle, to obtain a credit report if you are financing or leasing your vehicle, to obtain appropriate financing of your vehicle for you, to provide you with a reminder that your vehicle requires servicing and to provide you with updates and information regarding products and services that we have to offer and which we think will be of interest to you (i.e. new vehicle releases, recall notices, lease-end options, etc.).
Sometimes we have to Share your Personal Information with Others
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties such as the manufacturer of your vehicle and its related companies, the providers of products or services relating to your vehicle, credit reporting agencies, financial institutions or financing companies, your insurance agent or company and companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
How Long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information as long as we believe that you are still the owner of the vehicle. If the information relates to the financing or lease of the vehicle, we retain personal information relating to the financing or lease arrangements as long as those arrangements are in place. If the information relates to the service or repair of your vehicle we retain personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to address any issues arising from the service or repair of the vehicle or as may be required by law. If there are legal requirements relating to the period of time which we must retain your personal information, we comply with those requirements.
What can you do if you want to limit the use to which we Put Your Personal Information?
Most of the personal information which we collect is necessary for us to sell or lease you your vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, assist you in the financing or lease of your vehicle or to provide service to your vehicle and we cannot do this without that personal information. Similarly, we must disclose your personal information as described above in order to sell you the vehicle, to provide products and services related to the vehicle, assist you in arrangements for financing or leasing or to provide servicing to your vehicle. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information in a particular way, please contact Fred Jenner as described above and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
You can Request Access to Your Personal Information
You have a right to access the personal information which we have about you and to request that personal information which you believe to be inaccurate be corrected. If you wish to access your personal information you should contact Fred Jenner who will be pleased to assist you.